Haadyai's ROTJ Notebook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cube Guide, by Nimnath

Go down

Cube Guide, by Nimnath Empty Cube Guide, by Nimnath

Post  Haadyai Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Nimnath's Guide to The Cube

The cube is located in the corner of the garden room. You must have the heart of darkness to enter it. I dont remember if Rahvin needs to be dead to enter but I think so.

The Mobs (descriptions taken from the game itself)

ARCHER
The archer has one overwhelming strength, it's weapon. The droid has a massive bow built into it's right arm. It is high-tech, not like the primitive things you see in holo-vids, and can fire off many varied types of "arrows". To take this monster down, don't loose sight of it, for it will continue to attack even from the far end of the complex, keep it engaged as much as possible, it's defenses are not strong.

Shoots Ice arrows that freeze you in place (the dreaded combat lag) for up to I think 7 rounds. It is possible to live through all 7 rounds without healing however its not advisable.

When you leave combat the archer will shoot you from anywhere in the zone and set you at 1hp. Does this fairly often
Drops his ranged weapon (has nice procs/damage)

CHAOS
The droid I call chaos is predictably unpredictable. The droid itself is a rather small, crooked little thing, surrounded by an aura of dark energy that does it's bidding. Sometimes it attacks only a couple times, sometimes it launches a flurry of attacks, all different, slashing, punching, stabing, kicking. Defensivly it is variable as well. It has no one weakness or strength. Attacks will bounce off it one minute, strike home for extreme damage the next. The field of energy around it commonly lets loose with dark electrical bursts, destructive fire storms or telekinetic powers. However, chaos's greatest strength is the ability to absorb the life force of a dying individual, healing it's form to perfect health. Never die!

This guy is one of the easiest but he can output some nice damage if he gets lucky so be careful.

Drops: Chaotic armor which restores health when you kill a mob. Used to restore to full until I used it to solo most of the game (except that darn Rell). Now it restores something like 4%. You can however wear multiples.

RIPPER
The ripper's body is covered with blades and sharp ends that tear and rend anything that comes close. I'd suggest trying to keep your distance from this pyschotic droid, for that's how it acts, pyschotic. I am unsure if it was programmed that way or has since developed the glitch. You'll probably need several blood transfusions to survive a fight with the ripper.

This guy hurts I dont like him.
Drops: Nice dagger

ILLUSIONIST
This droid is probably the most frusterating to engage. On occasion, and with greater regularity as it becomes damage, the illusionist will project dozens of illusions of itself and escape in the confusion. The illusions do not fade away, but remain and you are forced to destroy them in your hunt for the real illusionist. I found the illusions are not entirely harmless, small inch wide projection droids create each illusion, and they can cause a good deal of damage if they should get a chance to attack before you destroy them.

This guy is one of the easier fights kill the little guys quick.
Drops: Illusionist ring, teleports you a few rooms away I think. Not all that great.

TWINS
The twins fight together and die together. They may seperate in the hallways, but if one is under attack, the other will come running. In combat, any damage done to one twin, will be healed by the other unless it also suffers the same or worse damage. So you must fight them both at the same time or you will have no chance of victory.

Pretty easy but decent damage/hp so it may take a while.
Drops: Twins bracelet, freakin awesome they have 1 luck and you can link hp with someone else who is wearing a twins bracelet.

BRAIN
The brain is a spherical droid that can tap into the force potential of those around it. After some experimentation with several force sensitive individuals, it is a proven fact that the droid in fact drains their mental stamina and repairs itself with this energy. Do not rely on strength with the force to defeat this one.

Melee/blasters only on this bad boy leave your jedi/sith at home. drain mana before fighting. Have your healer in the next room
Drops: 500 mana pool

JUGGERNAUT
The Juggernaut is the largest droid in the complex, and can withstand a frightful amount of damage. It addition to the sheer firepower needed to bring it down, it's heavy armor dampens most attacks and it will even repair itself in combat. But with enough firepower, it can, in fact, be stopped.

Hands down the easiest fight in the zone. This guy hits like a pansy but has a ton of hp. If you don't have a large group this may take quite a while.
Drops: Juggernaut armor gives a % increase to merc rage very nice tanking armor (best in the game?)

GHOST
The Ghost is a tricky droid to combat. It has the ability to fight out of phase, meaning most physical attacks pass harmlessly through it. Fortunatly,this also reduces the power of it's own attacks, and it is not one of the more deadly guardians of the complex. Those who have the ability to fight by use of the force will have the best chance of defeating the Ghost. It should be noted, the ghost can become nearly invisible, and may be difficult to locate.

I don't remember much about this guy. have a sith/jedi to do some magic damage to him no need to even have melee (except as a tank).
Drops: phase armor, pretty nice armor with a adapt proc like Boba's

MOTHER
The mother will healself of almost all damage instantanously. She will also produce mechanical spider-like offspring to assist her in combat. These are her weakness, destroying them will harm the Mother. Only when she nears death does this symbotic relationship break down, and you will need to attack the Mother instead of the Offspring to destroy her.

Pretty much what the description says. Fairly easy fight.
Drops: some gloves with +heal I think not that great that I recall probably droid armor but I dunno.

APOCOLYPSE
Red and fiery is the style and demeanor of the Apocalypse. This droid is shrouded in an aura of red energy that absorbs all attacks with the force, giving it strength, while at the same time deflecting all common blasters. The apocalypse does not fight with arms, legs or other mundane weapons, instead electrical nodes on it's body ignite it's energy field, causing powerful explosions that will harm everyone within 20 feet.

I remember absolutely nothing about this guy.

CYCLONE
This droid moves faster than any droid I've ever seen. While it shaped like a normal man, two arms and two legs it spins so quickly it appears to have many arms. In combat it fights this way, striking out at anyone and everyone, often with suck force that they are spun to the ground. It occasionally spins so fast a small whirlwind is formed around it, throwing people about the room through use of the wind it generates.

Good ammount of damage/area damage
Drops: cyclone cloak I think

HAMMER
The hammer is a heavily armored droid with a programming much like it's name. Crushing. It's right hand sports a mighty hammer that can crush the life out of an individual in seconds. You'll want very durable companions when you face him, and use all your firepower to kill him quick, you don't want to face his hammer for long.

OUCH this guy smashes the crap out of people including non-tanks. My brother got 1 shot (I lol'd at him irl)
Drops: a Hammer (duh?)

Dont forget, I haven't played this game at high level for probably a year so this information is completely from memory and should be taken with a grain of salt. Feel free to correct me where I'm wrong.

Haadyai
Administrator

https://rotj.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down